Tuesday, November 30, 2010

EATING

Eating is fun, this I know...my body DAILY tells me so...don't you like my little rhyme?

Its been a week exactly since my last post, not b/c I was being lazy but because I feel it is important for us to enjoy the holidays as well as holiday eating without doing too much "work".
Todays post is about dieting...but a new way of looking at dieting.DIET after all has the word DIE in it..which most of us already feel like we are doing when we start to starve ourselves....
Lets take a few lessons here.
If you eat more calories than you burn in a day you will most likely maintain and possibly gain weight...if you starve yourself all day then eat at night you WILL gain weight...if you skip meals...even if you eat healthy..you will gain weight...
Some people crack me up, they think, well I will just not eat all day then when I get home I will be really careful, YAY only 800 caloires today! it doesn't work that way people..your body goes into something I would like to call starvation..so next time you do eat your body starts to hold onto whatever food you ate instead of digesting it.
Case in point..when you see anorexic people finally start eating again, the fat doesn't go evenly across their bodies, it goes to their MAIN organs, like their kidneys and for women, their ovaries, causing them to get pudge around their backs and midsection. Your body does this as a survival technique. You need to understand how your body works so you can understand how to feed it!
If you are yo yo dieting and gaining weight.....and dont know why, congrats, you have just disocvered why.
If you are on the low carb diet, hit your goal weight, and now all of a sudden are gaining it back, you also know why...YOUR BODY needs balance.....if you take from one section you will end up starving another.
You need lean proteins, you need grains, you need GOOD carbs, you need fruits and veggies, good oils, fish.....

Think of your diet as a workout...if you were to run one mile every day for a month, you would only lose a little bit of weight then plataue again b/c your body gets used to it....the way to lose weight is muscle confusion..the way to lose weight with your diet is you got it..food confusion....
Eat what you want in small portions, but dont go over the calories and stay balanced..
This week try to eat 6 small meals..keep them balanced, CUT OUT sugar, pop, and white bread.....but everything else is fair game...see how much you lose...Then in two weeks I want you all to take one day and binge..yes binge..(within reason), have your cake...eat your cookies...eat some chips.... but only do it for ONE DAY..then go back onto your eating plan......then in another two weeks we are going to do the advocare cleanse...the best cleanse on the market that produces results like ten pounds in ten days..:)
Remember to treat your body like your workout and you will be astonished...:)
This week I would also like everyone to dedicate 15 minutes to prayer/meditation...Sitting in a comfortable spot....thinking, and praying on how God sees you as a person, how much he loves you and made you perfect despite what you may think about yourself...Remember our bodies are temples we need to treat them that way...Sometimes when I work out I am like its okay that I am feeling pain b/c my body is not my own..I am taking care of the loan that God has given me. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment